SAMSON NEWS 5//2019 – Products. Projects. Progress.
SAMSON Materials Handling
Additional Samson® Truck Unloader for AS Silsteve at the Port of Sillamae, Estonia.
This Samson® Material Feeder receives bulk fertilizers and grain direct from 45 tonne tipping trucks and discharges onto an ongoing SAMSON Shiploader at a peak output rate of 625 m³ per hour. It complements the existing SAMSON Shiploader with twin Samson® Feeders which has been active at the Port of Sillamae, Estonia, since 2015 plus another SAMSON Shiploader supplied a few years earlier.
The mobile Samson® Feeder includes a wide rubber belted apron design unit mounted on a steel structure and supported by double apron bars located at every pitch of the conveyor chain. To accommodate a variety of trucks and loaders the entry design includes a wide flared entry section thus increasing the volume of the feeder entry and reducing vehicle alignment time.
As fertilizers and grain are free-flowing materials this material feeder is fitted with a cross-cleat belt to stop material roll-back during transfer. The discharge chute and all possible hose ends, couplings and bolting are in stainless steel to prevent against corrosion and provide longevity when handling fertilizers.
This Samson® Feeder is wheel mounted and towable using the access ramps. For ship loading the unit can be positioned ata 180° arc around the Shiploader reception hopper ensuring flexibility considering positioning when loading and/or any quay or access restrictions.
- Wide rubber belted apron feeder
- Double apron bar design
- Flared vehicle entry to tail section
- Tow travel mobility
- Reinforced integral truck access ramps
- Belt cross cleats for free flowing materials
- Levelling blade output control
- Integral centralising head chute in stainless steel
- Strength of a chain feeder with the cleanliness of a belt conveyor
- Rapid set up and operation
- Heavy duty and corrosion resistant
- Easily integrated with existing equipment
- Adaptable to changing site requirements
- Easy to maintain
If we can help you with any further information, please use the contact form to get in touch.
You will receive an immediate automated acknowledgement, and we will respond to your enquiry as soon as possible.
AUMUND. SCHADE. SAMSON.