Reliable and cost effective solutions even in challenging applications: High-performance Conveyors, Cooling Conveyors and Bucket Elevators for foundry technology
To keep pace with the rapid developments in casting technology today, new methods and innovative handling systems are required. Smooth handling is often a major factor in assuring the quality of the castings, which is why it is important to select the right conveyor for the application.
AUMUND conveying equipment has a well-established reputation in high-performance applications, and offers reliable and cost-effective solutions for foundries:
- Flat Plate Conveyors type FPB and Pan Conveyors type KZB for degating, sorting and cleaning
- Cooling Conveyors for controlled “smooth cooling” of the castings from shakeout to degating or shot blasting
- Bucket Elevators for vertical conveying, available with central chain or steel-reinforced belt are well suited for abrasive bulk materials such as foundry sand
SAMSON Materials Handling excels in foundry technology with its mobile solutions for loading and unloading bulk materials with a wide variety of material characteristics from wet and sticky to dry and dusty.
- Mechanically and structurally sound conveyors of the proven plate construction types FPB and KZB
- High resistance to the shock loads coming from the degating tools such as manual hammers, hydraulic wedges and even manipulators
- Compact footprint for installations with space constraints
- Horizontal, slightly inclined or a combination of both, to fit into existing surroundings
AUMUND uses proprietary technology to calculate exactly and to guarantee the appropriate controlled “smooth cooling” of the castings from shakeout to degating or shot blasting. The main component of this technology is air under negative pressure in a cooling tunnel, where the castings are cooled to below 100°C, ready to be shot blasted, degated or sorted.
An added advantage of the casting cooler working in negative pressure is the lack of dust emissions into the foundry. The air flow and temperature are constantly monitored and automatically adapted to the type of casting and the output rate from the moulding line. The specialised conveyors can handle a whole day’s production of the foundry in a collective cooling operation. Defined cooling of the castings can be achieved by a mixture of air and water mist. Each cooling conveyor is designed for the individual application and the cooling connections can be supplied as an option.
Bucket Elevators for vertical conveying, available with central chain or steel-reinforced belt are well suited for abrasive bulk materials such as foundry sand.
Bucket Elevator with Central Chain type BWZ
- Bucket widths from 210 to 1,200mm
- Conveying capacities of over 1,100 m³/h
- Lifting heights up to 90m
Belt Bucket Elevator type BWG
- Bucket widths from 250 mm to 1,600mm
- Conveying capacities of over 2,300 m³/h
- Lifting heights up to 175 m and above
Flat Plate Conveyor type FPB
- Inclined conveying of castings
- Transportation of large castings
- Drive drum of Belt Bucket Elevator type BWG