AUMUND NEWS 3//2020 – Products. Projects. Progress.
AUMUND Conveying and Cooling Equipment for Foundries.
Reliable and cost-effective solutions
To keep pace with the rapid developments in casting technology today, new methods and innovative handling systems are required. Smooth handling is often a major factor in assuring the qualityof the castings, which is why it is important to select the right conveyor for the application.
AUMUND conveying and cooling equipment has a well-established reputation in high performance applications, and offers reliable and cost-effective solutions for foundries.
The AUMUND product range covers
Conveyors for degating, sorting and cleaning
- Flat Plate Conveyors type FPB
- Pan Conveyors type KZB
- Pan Conveyors type KZB
- Bucket Elevators with Central Chain type BWZ
- Belt Bucket Elevators type BWG
AUMUND Equipment for Conveying and Cooling in Foundries
AUMUND Conveyors for degating, sorting and cleaning
- Mechanically and statically sound conveyors of the proven construction types FPB and KZB
- With high resistance to the impact loads coming from the degating tools such as manual hammers, hydraulic wedges and even manipulators
- Compact footprint for installations withspace constraints
- Horizontal, slightly inclined or a combination of both, to fit into existing surroundings
Flat Plate Conveyor type FPB
- Plate widths from 600 to 2,400 mm
- Level, horizontal surface for smoothconveying and material feed
- Tightly overlapping conveying sections• Modern frequency controlled drive units
- Automation to suit moulding cycle times
Pan Conveyor type KZB
- Pan widths from 400 to 2,400 mm
- Proﬁled pans for ascending ordescending transport
- Sturdy components resistant totemperatures of up to 1,000°C
- Patented pan overlapping system• Low power consumption
AUMUND Cooling Conveyors
AUMUND uses proprietary technology to calculate and guarantee the appropriate controlled “smooth cooling” of thecastings from shakeout to degating or shot blasting. The main component of this technology is air under negative pressure in a cooling tunnel, where the castings are cooled to below 100 degrees, ready to be shot blasted, degated or sorted.
An added advantage of the casting cooler working in negative pressure is the lackof dust emissions into the foundry. The air flow and temperature are constantly monitored and automatically adapted to the type of casting and the output rate from the moulding line. The specialised conveyors can handle a whole day’s production of the foundry in a collective cooling operation. Defined cooling of the castings can be achieved by a mixture of air and water mist.
Each cooling conveyor is designed forthe individual application and the cooling connections can be supplied as an option.
AUMUND Bucket Elevators
Bucket Elevators for vertical conveying, available with central chain or steel- reinforced belt are well suited for abrasive bulk materials like foundry sand.
Bucket Elevator with Central Chain type BWZ
- Bucket widths rangingfrom 210 mm to 1,200 mm
- Conveying capacitiesexceeding 1,100 m³/h• Lifting heights up to 90 m
Belt Bucket Elevator type BWG
- Bucket widths rangingfrom 250 mm to 1,600 mm
- Conveying capacitiesexceeding 2,300 m³/h
- Lifting heights up to 175 m and more
If we can help you with any further information, please use the contact form to get in touch.
You will receive an immediate automated acknowledgement, and we will respond to your enquiry as soon as possible.
AUMUND. SCHADE. SAMSON.